Standard Professional Installation
HotSpot Energy does not provide or arrange installations. When you go shopping for an installer, the following is what should be included in a typical standard professional
installation of a HotSpot residential heat recovery
- A site visit by a licensed installation technician.
- Mounting of HotSpot remote unit to wall or structure within 15 ft. of compressor.
- Connect electric connections to the outdoor AC unit L1 & L2.
- Connect HotSpot to compressor with standard refrigeration lines.
- Make a professional weather-tight building wall penetration, if needed.
- Connect HotSpot to hot water tank with standard plumbing materials up to 75 ft. one-way run. If pre-heat tank is used, the technician should perform necessary plumbing to connect all tanks.
- Insulate all refrigerant and plumbing lines.
- Full system test - verify system is heating water when compressor is running.
- Use Code compliant materials, fittings, valves, fasteners etc. as needed.
- Pressure relief valve if required by code.
Contact us for any questions.